A true veteran in the remittance industry, Y. Sudhir Kumar Shetty led UAE Exchange, the global money transfer, foreign exchange and payment solutions brand, since 1991 till his retirement in January 2019. His charismatic leadership, technological know-how and operational expertise transformed UAE Exchange from a start-up into a truly global brand.
Alongside UAE Exchange, he also headed Xpress Money, the instant money transfer service provider, which has more than 180,000 agent locations in 160 countries.
During his tenure, the group acquired Travelex, the world’s largest retail network of 1600 specialist foreign exchange stores in 29 countries and a customer base of 13.5 million.
Sudhir Shetty completed his Bachelor’s degree in Commerce & Bachelor’s degree in Law from the University of Mysore. He also completed his Chartered Accountancy from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in India.
His other notable positions are as follows:
– President of Indian Business & Professional Group, Abu Dhabi (2016-2018)
– Vice President of Business Leaders Forum UAE (2016-2018)
– Member of Advisory Board – Foreign Exchange and Remittances Group UAE (2017-2018)
– Vice Chairman (2015-2016) and Member-Board of Trustees, India Development Foundation of Overseas Indian Government of India in 2017
– President of India Social & Cultural Centre, Abu Dhabi in 2009.